Every day you read about something that’s supposed to change your life.
A new diet.
A revolutionary exercise program.
A killer productivity tool.
As soon as you adopt this latest new thing, another one comes along that undermines the one you’re focused on.
You’re doing it wrong.
The research was faulty.
And you’re left frustrated and wondering what information you can trust.
Fortunately, there’s one positive habit that has stood the test of time — not just for a few years but for millenniums.
It has been touted by sages, monks, gurus, philosophers, celebrities, scientists, and just about anyone who has practiced it regularly.
It has the power to change your brain quite literally according to many research studies.
It reduces stress, improves concentration, eases depression, increases optimism, improves decision making and problem-solving, strengthens memory, improves your immune system, reduces blood pressure, and increases longevity.
We’re talking about meditation here — the practice that began with Hindi traditions of Vedantism around 1500 BCE.
As amazing as meditation is, it isn’t as widely practiced as say running or dieting, even though has many more benefits.
Many people misunderstand meditation, believing it is a just a religious ritual practiced by crystal-toting gurus. But meditation is for everyone.
It’s easy to learn, but it takes some practice and inspiration to reap the rewards.
I wanted to provide some of that inspiration with meditation quotes so you can commit to the practice.
Here are 39 of the most uplifting meditation quotes to put you in the right state of mind:
Positive Meditation Quotes
1. “Meditation is a lifelong gift. It’s something you can call on at any time. I think it’s a great thing.” — Paul McCartney
2. “Meditation is acceptance. It is the acceptance of life within us, without us and all around us. Acceptance of life is the beginning of human satisfaction. Transformation of life is the culmination of divine satisfaction.” — Sri Chinmoy
3. “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.” — Eckhart Tolle
4. “Don’t believe everything you think. Thoughts are just that – thoughts.” — Allan Lokos
5. “Practice meditation regularly. Meditation leads to eternal bliss. Therefore meditate, meditate.” — Swami Sivananda
6. “Meditation practice isn’t about trying to throw ourselves away and become something better. It’s about befriending who we are already.” — Pema Chödrön
8. “That’s life: starting over, one breath at a time.” — Sharon Salzberg
9. “This is love: the flowering of love is meditation.” — Jiddu Krishnamurti
10. “Everything that has a beginning has an ending. Make your peace with that and all will be well.” — Jack Kornfield
11. “Mindful meditation has been discovered to foster the ability to inhibit those very quick emotional impulses.” — Daniel Goleman
12. “I’ve never been good at meditation, but surfing is the closest I’ve ever come to that inner something.” — Yvonne Strahovski
13. “Meditation is the life of the soul: Action, the soul of meditation; and honor the reward of action.” — Francis Quarles
Short Meditation Quotes
14. “Sleep is the best meditation.” — Dalai Lama
15. “The purpose of meditation is personal transformation.” — Henepola Gunaratana
16. “Meditation is the soul’s perspective glass.” — Owen Feltham
17. “My workout is my meditation.” — Kyle MacLachlan
18. “There’s no substitute for the practice of meditation.” — Wayne Dyer
20. “To me, meditation is simply silencing or focusing the mind.” — Brendon Burchard
21. “Meditation is an essential aspect of my life.” — Toni Collette
22. “I have one room dedicated to just meditation.” — Michelle Phan
23. “Many people could benefit from meditation.” — Jim Yong Kim
24. “I meditate. Meditation helps me.” — Rick Springfield
25. “Working out, for me, is sort of a meditation.” — Nicole Eggert
26. “Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.” — Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati
More Related Articles
Meditation Quotes for Stress
28. “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” — Buddha
29. “Peace begins with a smile.” — Mother Teresa
30. “Meditation is not a way of making your mind quiet. It’s a way of entering into the quiet that’s already there – buried under the 50,000 thoughts the average person thinks every day.” — Deepak Chopra
31. “Meditation is listening to the Divine within.” — Edgar Cayce
32. “Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless – like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” — Bruce Lee
33. “In times of stress, the best thing we can do for each other is to listen with our ears and our hearts and to be assured that our questions are just as important as our answers.” — Fred Rogers
34. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” — Marcus Aurelius
36. “It makes no sense to worry about things you have no control over because there’s nothing you can do about them, and why worry about things you do control? The activity of worrying keeps you immobilized. ” — Wayne Dyer
37. “Knowledge is learning something every day. Wisdom is letting go of something every day.” — Zen Proverb
38. “It’s like, imagine the ripples on top of an ocean. And I’m in a rowboat, reactively dealing with the waves and water coming into my boat. What I need to do is dive into the deeper solace, the calmness beneath the surface.” — Dr. Oz
39. “Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm.” — S.A. Jefferson-Wright
If you want to get started with a meditation practice today, choose one of these quotes and meditate on what the writer shares.
Or simply begin with a simple mindfulness meditation by following your breaths as you inhale and exhale.
The most important part is meditation is simply to practice consistently.