We’re so glad you’re here to read some mindfulness gratitude quotes and collect some favorites for your own personal use.
The more you learn about mindfulness, the more you appreciate what it can teach you.
And the more receptive you are to the insights others have gained.
We think you’ll find some worthy additions to your library of treasured quotes.
If you’re not sure exactly how you’ll use them, we’ve got ideas for that, too.
How to Use These Quotes About Mindfulness and Gratitude
Once you have at least one quote you’d like to keep visible for inspiration, here are some ideas to help with that:
- Customize a mug, bracelet, throw pillow, or something else with a favorite quote;
- Add a favorite quote to your vision board and put it where you’ll see it;
- Use a collection of your favorite quotes as gratitude journaling prompts;
- Use an affirmation app (like ThinkUp or I am) that lets you add your own messages;
- Create an inspiration jar with messages written on folded notes to draw each day.
51 Mindfulness Gratitude Quotes
Read through each of the 51 mindfulness gratitude quotes listed below. If possible, make a note of the ones that stand out for you.
Deep Mindfulness Gratitude Quotes
Some mindfulness quotes invite you to go deeper, beyond what’s easy to notice about yourself or your surroundings.
1. “The little things? The little moments? They aren’t little.” — Jon Kabat-Zinn
2. “The feeling that any task is a nuisance will soon disappear if it is done in mindfulness.” –Thích Nhất Hạnh
3. “Rejoicing in ordinary things is not sentimental or trite. It actually takes guts.” — Pema Chödrön
4. “Gratitude opens the door to the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe. You open the door through gratitude.”— Deepak Chopra
6. “We can choose to be grateful no matter what.”— Dieter F. Uchtdorf
7. “Entitlement is such a cancer because it is void of gratitude.”— Adam Smith
8. “My day begins and ends with gratitude.”— Louise Hay
9. “Through the eyes of gratitude, everything is a miracle.”— Mary Davis
10. “A sense of blessedness comes from a change of heart, not from more blessings.”— Mason Cooley
11. “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.”— Cynthia Ozick
12. “Three meals plus bedtime make four sure blessings a day.”— Mason Cooley
13. “When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.”— Maya Angelou
14. “Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart.”— Lucius Annaeus Seneca
15. “Wear gratitude like a cloak, and it will feed every corner of your life.”— Rumi
16. “Giving is an expression of gratitude for our blessings.”— Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen
17. “It’s a sign of mediocrity when you demonstrate gratitude with moderation.”— Roberto Benigni
Appreciation Mindfulness Gratitude Quotes
Along with growth in self-knowledge, a mindfulness practice should remind you to show more appreciation for the people and the good things in your life.
18. “Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.”— Voltaire
19. “Every blessing ignored becomes a curse.”— Paulo Coelho
20. “Gratitude turns what we have into enough.”— Aesop
21. “The essence of all beautiful art is gratitude.”— Friedrich Nietzsche
22. “The more grateful I am, the more beauty I see.”— Mary Davis
23. “The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement.” — Charles Schwab
25. “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.”— Dalai Lama
26. “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorns have roses.”— Alphonse Karr
27. “The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it.”— Richard Bach
28. “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” –Eckhart Tolle
29. “In life, one has a choice to take one of two paths: to wait for some special day–or to celebrate each special day.” -Rasheed Ogunlaru
30. “The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated.”— William James
31. “Gratitude unlocks all that’s blocking us from really feeling truthful, really feeling authentic and vulnerable and happy.”— Gabrielle Bernstein
32. “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” -Willie Nelson
33. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”-Oprah Winfrey
34. “If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get.” -Frank A. Clark
Inspiring Mindfulness Gratitude Quotes
The following mindfulness quotes are all about inspiring you to develop deeper and more meaningful gratitude for your life and all that you love about it.
36. “An attitude of gratitude brings great things.”— Yogi Bhajan
37. “It is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.”— Dietrich Bonhoeffer
38. “It is not joy that makes us grateful; it is gratitude that makes us joyful.”— David Steindl-Rast
39. “May the gratitude in my heart kiss all the universe.”— Hafiz
40. “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” — Melody Beattie
41. “Stop now. Enjoy the moment. It’s now or never.”— Maxime Lagacé
42. “What separates privilege from entitlement is gratitude.”— Brené Brown
43. “Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.”— Randy Rausch
44. “Gratitude also opens your eyes to the limitless potential of the universe, while dissatisfaction closes your eyes to it.” -Stephen Richards
45. “Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy.”— Jacques Maritain
46. “In ordinary life, we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” -Dietrich Bonhoeffer
48. “When gratitude becomes an essential foundation in our lives, miracles start to appear everywhere.”— Emmanuel Dagher
49. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”— Albert Einstein
50. “When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out, and the tide of love rushes in.”— Kristin Armstrong
51. “Gratitude doesn’t change the scenery. It merely washes clean the glass you look through so you can clearly see the colors.”— Richelle E. Goodrich
52. “Gratitude is not just the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.” —Marcus Tullius Cicero
53. “The greatest degree of inner tranquility comes from the development of love and compassion. The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being.” — Dalai Lama
How Is Gratitude Related to Mindfulness?
The more mindful you are of your surroundings and the people in your life, the more likely it is that you will find reasons to be grateful.
And the more grateful you are for the good in your life, the more likely you are to slow down and pay closer attention to it.
But since you can’t be grateful for something you’re not aware of or haven’t bothered to observe more thoughtfully, mindfulness generally comes before gratitude.
That said, a decision to practice gratitude can make you more disposed to mindfulness.
More Related Articles
Now that you’ve looked through all 51 mindfulness gratitude quotes, which ones stood out for you? Which are you saving to use as journaling prompts? Or which would you like to see daily — on a mug, a print, your computer wallpaper, etc.?
You know what reminders work best for you. In combination with your favorite quotes, use that to grow in compassion for others and yourself.
What will you do differently today?