Are you thinking about starting a meditation practice?
Or maybe you’ve established one and are looking for ways to enhance the experience.
Either way, quotes about meditation are worth reading and contemplating.
Not only can they psyche you up to do a long meditation session, but you can use some as healing meditations during your sessions.
If this sounds right up your alley, get comfortable and pull up a chair because we’ve made a list of short meditation quotes we know you’ll love.
31 Healing Meditation Quotes to Inspire Your Practice
Read through this list of positive healing meditation quotes and write down any that speak to you.
Post the quotes where you can read them before meditating to foster the best mindset for your practice.
1. “You should not be carried away by the dictation of the mind, but the mind should be carried by your dictation.” — A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami
2. “Meditation is the discovery that the point of life is always arrived at in the immediate moment.” — Alan Watts
4. “Suffering is due to our disconnection with the inner soul. Meditation is establishing that connection.” — Amit Ray
5. “Silence is not an absence but a presence.” — Anne D. LeClaire
6. “There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting.” — Buddha
7. “Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” — Dalai Lama
10. “Meditation is the ultimate mobile device; you can use it anywhere, anytime, unobtrusively” – Sharon Salzberg
11. “Meditation is like a gym in which you develop the powerful mental muscles of calm and insight” – Ajahn Brahm
12. “Meditation connects you with your soul, and this connection gives you access to your intuition, your heartfelt desires, your integrity, and the inspiration to create a life you love” – Sarah McLean
13. “Meditation is a wonderful way to free your mind from stress. With meditation, you transcend the mind” – Zane Baker
14. “Meditation is not evasion, it is a serene encounter with reality” – Thich Nhat Hanh
15. “Be here now. Be someplace else later. Is that so complicated?” — David M. Bader
More Related Articles
16. “Meditation is choosing not to engage in the drama of the mind but elevating the mind to its highest potential.” – Amit Ray
17. “Meditation is not spacing-out or running away. In fact, it is being totally honest with ourselves.” – Kathleen McDonald
18. “One conscious breathe in and out is a meditation.” — Eckhart Tolle
19. “Mind is there, in front of you. Don’t log in.” — Mooji
21. “Something is aware of even the energy of confusion inside of you. There is no need to get unconfused. Leave it – it will pass.” — Mooji
22. “Let every thought come and hug you, but you don’t hug anything. Then, gradually, the noise will start to back off.” — Mooji
23. “Meditation is the signpost directing the steps to the main highway of realization.” — Guy Bogart
24. “Have no age, transcend both past and future, and enter into the eternal present.” — H.E. Davey
25. “The spirit of meditation is the combating against the weight of one’s feelings.” — Hakuin Ekaku
26. “Inner stillness is the key to outer strength.” — Jared Brock
27. “Desire and anger are objects of the mind, but the mind is not yours, nor ever has been. You are choiceless awareness itself and unchanging – so live happily.” — Ashtavakra Gita
29. “Meditation provides a way of learning how to let go. As we sit, the self we’ve been trying to construct and make into a nice, neat package continues to unravel.” — John Welwood
30. “Where there is peace and meditation, there is neither anxiety nor doubt.” — St Francis De Sales
31. “Meditation allows us to directly participate in our lives instead of living life as an afterthought.” — Stephen Levine
The results are in: meditation is excellent for your body and mind. Scientifically speaking, it helps your physical systems operate better.
Spiritually speaking, they strengthen connections to your higher self and superconscious.