Ugh. It’s Monday – that dreaded first day of the workweek that can tie knots in your stomach and spawn dread in your heart.
After a weekend of carefree fun (or even one filled with chores), Mondays seem like a bad hangover you wish you didn’t have to face.
Monday phobia is pretty much universal, but what if you start a new trend, one where you view Mondays as an opportunity to set the tone for your entire week?
What if you commit to being fully present on Mondays?
Rather than dreading what’s ahead, you appreciate each action, task, and interaction of your day.
Nice concept, huh?
Our mindfully-curated list of Mindful Monday quotes below is a great way to get started.
What Is a Mindful Monday?
It’s not a national holiday or even a day that’s necessitated a Hallmark card. It’s really just an idea that’s taken off in the mindfulness community to help all of us get on the right track at the beginning of the week.
Mondays feel like the first day of the week for most of us. So the idea is to set aside this kick-off day to prioritize mindfulness and set the tone for the entire week.
What does that mean specifically? It means trying your best to remain in the moment and present for the entire day.
You may not be able to accomplish that for every moment. You’ll have plenty of distractions. The goal is to set aside Monday to try harder, to keep turning your attention back to the here and now.
You can do this by:
- Noticing and savoring every action and task, from brushing your teeth to driving home at the end of the day;
- Stopping during the day for moments of gratitude and appreciation;
- Being fully present with the people around you.
- Reading through the quotes below and using them as a mindfulness moment during your day.
53 Mindful Monday Quotes
So let’s get to those meditation and mindfulness quotes right now. And if it’s Monday when you’re reading this post, be sure to take a deep breath and read through them with your full attention.
1. “Your Monday morning thoughts set the tone for your whole week. See yourself getting stronger, and living a fulfilling, happier and healthier life.” – Germany Kent
2. “Mondays are the start of the workweek which offer new beginnings 52 times a year!” – David Dweck
3. “Be present. Give 100% to right now.” – Unknown
4. “Begin your week with mindfulness. End your week with mindfulness. And in between, be mindful every moment.” – Unknown
5. “Wherever you are, be there totally.” – Eckhart Tolle
6. “Mondays are ripe with opportunities. They are swollen with potential. Rather than dread them, be present in them and find gratitude in every moment of the day.” – Barrie Davenport
7. “Hey, I know it’s Monday. But it’s also a new day and a new week. And in that lies a new opportunity for something special to happen.” – Michael Ely
8. “Okay, it’s Monday, but who said Mondays have to suck? Be a rebel and have a great day anyway.” – Kimberly Jiménez
9. “Mindfulness is a way of befriending ourselves and our experience.” – Jon Kabot Zinn
10. “If you hate Mondays, you have just lost 24 hours a week to negativity and disconnection. That’s 1248 hours a year multiplied by the rest of your life.” – Unknown
11. “Begin the week with momentum, and you’ll look back with great satisfaction on all you achieved.” – Skip Prichard
12. “Relax. You are enough. You do enough. Breathe extra deep, let go, and just live right now, in the moment.” – Tiny Buddha
13. “Nothing is more precious than being in the present moment. Fully alive, fully aware.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
14. “Mondays are tough only for those people who don’t know how to spend them cheerfully. Get up and have fun today!” – Unknown
15. “Worrying is stupid. It’s like walking around with an umbrella, waiting for it to rain.” – Unknown
16. “The only way to live is by accepting each minute as an unrepeatable miracle.” – Tara Brach
17. “Whatever your situation might be, set your mind to whatever you want to do and put a good attitude in it, and I believe that you can succeed.” – Bethany Hamilton
18. “It’s not what you look at the matters, it’s what you see.” – Henry David Thoreau
19. “The best weeks start on Monday.” – Unknown
20. “When you wake up on Monday morning, wake up with gratitude. Put your feet on the floor with gratitude. Go to work with gratitude. Do your work with a heart full of love.” – Barrie Davenport
21. “The only limits you have are the limits you believe.” – Wayne Dyer
22. “You are in control. Never allow your Monday to be manic.” – Andrea L’Artiste
More Related Articles
23. “In a world full of doing doing doing, it’s important to take a moment to just breathe, to just be.” – 911 Well
24. “Before you speak, let your words pass through three gates: Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind?” – Buddha
25. “Happiness lies not in finding what is missing but in finding what is present.” – Tara Brach
26. “Ok Monday, I’m here for you. I am participating with you today. I see you and everything you have to offer, and I accept.” – Unknown
27. “The mind is everything. What you think, you become.” – Buddha
28. “I must break the routines and become a person who becomes productive every Monday. I must break the mindset of unhappiness and turn myself into a happy magnet for Mondays.” – Leggy Saul
29. “Live today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. Just today. Inhabit your moments. Don’t rent them out to tomorrow.” – Jerry Spinelli
30. “We either make ourselves happy or miserable. The amount of work is the same.” – Unknown
31. “Wherever you go, there you are.” – Jon Kabat Zinn
32. “Never live for the weekend. Live for the moment.” – Barrie Davenport
33. “If you squander your Mondays, your Tuesdays will cry, your Wednesday will flounder, your Thursday will pout, and your Fridays will falter.” – Unknown
34. “Live every Monday like it’s Friday at 5:00.” – Unknown
35. “This should be the spirit every Monday. Know that something good will always happen.” – Gabriel García Márquez
36. “My day begins and ends with gratitude.” – Unknown
37. “I’ve decided that every day is a Friday – filled with anticipation, excitement, and joy.” – Barrie Davenport
38. “Nothing is wrong – whatever is happening is just ‘real life.’,” – Tara Brach
39. “There must be a reason why everyone hates Mondays, but I can’t think of it. I’m too busy with my Monday.” – Unknown
40. “One day is no different than another. It’s all in your perception of it.” – Unknown
41. “Every morning you have two choices: continue to sleep with your dreams or wake up and chase them.” – Kristin, Sophisticated Gal
42. “If we learn to open our hearts, anyone, including the people who drive us crazy, can be our teacher.” – Pema Chodron“When life gives you Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day.” – Goodnight Macaroon
43. “It’s Monday. I’m alive. I’m breathin’. I’m livin’. I’m blessed. Life is good.” – Unknown
44. “Don’t count the days. Make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
45. “Just call Monday Friday, and your day will feel like a gift.” – Unknown
46. “The sun himself is weak when he first rises; and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on.” – Charles Dickens
47. “It’s Monday. Get a new perspective. Whatever obstacle you’re facing—it’s not permanent.” – Unknown
48. “The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none.” – Albert Einstein
49. “Monday? It’s not bad. Begin this day with a grateful heart and do what you love.” – Unknown
50. “When you start to do the things that you truly love, it wouldn’t matter whether it’s Monday or Friday; you would be so excited to wake up each morning to work on your passions.” – Edmond Mbiaka
51. “Monday, Monday, so good to me; Monday morning, it was all I hoped it would be.” – John Phillips
52. “Be present in all things. Be thankful in all things.” – Maya Angelou
If you’ve read through these meditation quotes and mindful Monday quotes, you surely feel more present in the time it took you to peruse them.
But the question is this: how will you use these quotes going forward? We suggest keeping them in your car or your office desk to pull out on Mondays – or any day of the week.
Or just select one to put on your calendar every Monday to remind you to be here now.