What do the Beatles, Clint Eastwood, Oprah Winfrey, Kendall Jenner, and Howard Stern all have in common?
Alongside millions of other people worldwide, they’re all practicing advocates of Transcendental Meditation — aka TM.
Some people consider it a new religious movement; others view TM as a world-affirming movement that supports personal growth.
At its core, it’s a simple form of mantra meditation that has profound results.
If you’re considering trying it, check out the transcendentalism quotes below to get a more robust picture of how the practice positively impacts peoples’ lives.
47 Transcendental Meditation Quotes To Inspire Your Practice
We curated this list of transcendental quotes to remind you of how powerful the practice is.
Plus, we hope they give beginners a better understanding of how TM may impact the lives of everyone who engages in it.
1. “At one point I learned transcendental meditation. This was 30-something years ago. It took me back to the way that I naturally was as a child growing up way in the country, rarely seeing people. I was in that state of oneness with creation and it was as if I didn’t exist except as a part of everything.” — Alice Walker
2. “The mantra that you’re given in Transcendental Meditation you keep to yourself. The reason being, true happiness is not out there, true happiness lies within.” — David Lynch
4. “The mind must be an open door to empty space.” ― Jennifer Sodini
5. “Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost. Seek the lesson, and you will find yourself.” ― Jennifer Sodini
6. “All religions are born from individual experiences of divine awakening, not from some books.” ― Abhijit Naskar
7. “On the other side of pain and suffering is peace and love.” ― Bert McCoy
8. “Quiet the mind and the soul will speak. — Ma Jaya
9. “Meditation is like a giant broom for sweeping away any stagnant or blocked energy that you may have buried deep in your body.” – Deborah King
10. “Nothing has ever opened my eyes like transcendental meditation has. It makes me calm and happy, and, well, it gives me some peace and quiet in what’s a pretty chaotic life!” — Hugh Jackman
11. “Pure, transcendent, unconditional states of bliss are most powerful Engines of Creation and Life Force Conduits.” ― Elle Nicolai
12. “Be happy, healthy, and let all that love flow through your heart.” — Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
13. “When you practice Transcendental Meditation you are given a key to the deepest level of life.” — David Lynch
14. “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become.” – Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
15. “In the beginning of my twenties, I started transcendental meditation. For years, I did nothing else. Every holiday, I went to courses. Meditation is a real simple instrument. You don’t need a long beard or a sari. It’s meant to bring you to yourself. It’s as easy as that.” — Peter Lindbergh
17. “It’s like having… you know, your phone has a charger, right? It’s like having a charger for your whole body and mind. That’s what Transcendental Meditation is!” — Jerry Seinfeld
18. “Transcendental Meditation gives me an island of calm in the midst of so much turbulence.” — Paul McCartney
19. “Cut off from his religious, metaphysical and transcendental roots, man is lost; all his actions become senseless, absurd, useless.” — Eugene Ionesco
20. “If world peace is to be established, peace in the individual must be established first. Transcendental Meditation directly brings peace in the individual life.” – Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
21. “When love is expressed in life and imbued into every great work, the potential for evolution expands exponentially.” — Jennifer Sodini
22. “I practice transcendental meditation and there is a phase where you’re meant to lift off the ground.” — Heather Graham
23. “I got more and more happiness in the doing of things, ideas seemed to flow more freely.“ — David Lynch
24. “Transcendental meditation is something that can be defined as a means to do what one wants to do in a better way, a right way, for maximum results.” – Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
More Related Articles
25. “I started to have more creative thoughts; I started to draw, which was a big thing for me because I thought I could not draw, and this had blocked me from learning design earlier. But after the course, it just kept coming!” — Anita Tilly Ymani
26. “To find the best ideas you have to go deep within yourself. To do this I practice Transcendental Meditation twice a day, every day, and by doing so I believe it keeps the ideas coming.” — Oliva Locher
27. “Meditation is the sharp tool to dig out the great treasure hidden within everybody’s inner personality.” – Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
29. “For people that are so creative and have this kind of creative faucet that never turns off – it just continues and continues – it can be a little exhausting. And meditation is actually the one time I get to really reset.” — Katy Perry
30. “Every teacher of Transcendental Meditation is a hero.” — David Lynch
31. “A purified mind can grasp anything. It can dive deep into the subtlest subject and understand even transcendental things.” — Sivananda
32. “I still practice Transcendental Meditation and I think it’s great. Marharishi only ever did good for us, and although I have not been with him physically, I never left him.” — George Harrison
34. “A true religious person should not think that “my religion alone is the right path and other religions are false.” Other religions are also so many paths leading to the same domain of transcendental bliss.” — Abhijit Naskar
35. “Transcendental Meditation is a mental technique, so you travel to this field through subtler levels of mind, and then subtler levels of intellect, and then, at the border of intellect, you transcend and experience it.” — David Lynch
36. “The state of least excitation of consciousness is the field of all possibilities.” — Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
37. “I’ve tried Buddhism, Scientology, Numerology, Transcendental Meditation, Qabbala, t’ai chi, feng shui, and Deepak Chopra but I find straight gin works best.” — Phyllis Diller
38. “I love being outside with trees and water, lying down somewhere or walking. I do transcendental meditation, which keeps me calm and steady.” — Naomi Watts
39. “Once a week, I spend a day luxuriating in bed. I like staying in my house, pottering around, and maybe cooking or just laying around reading. I love doing yoga and transcendental meditation.” — Heather Graham
40. “Transcendental meditation is like a car, a vehicle that allows you to go within. It’s a mental technique.” — David Lynch
41. “I started Transcendental Meditation in 1973 and have not missed a single meditation ever since. Twice a day, every day. It has given me effortless access to unlimited reserves of energy, creativity and happiness deep within.” — David Lynch
42. “I love fishing. It’s transcendental meditation with a punchline.” — Billy Connolly
43. “I’ve seen so many cases where lives have been transformed for the good and heard so many stories about this. The technique of Transcendental Meditation really works for the human being.” — David Lynch
44. “Meditation is the best means of elongating life.” – Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
45. “Consciousness-based education, which I am helping to promote, is basically the same education that good schools are giving today with Transcendental Meditation added for the students, teachers, staff, and principal.” — David Lynch
46. “Be true to yourself. Don’t take no for an answer. And start your Transcendental Meditation.” — David Lynch
47. “Great amount of scientific research is there to show that health is better because transcendental meditation deals with consciousness, and consciousness is the basic value of all the physical expressions. The entire creation is the expression of consciousness.” — Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
Transcendental meditation has been around for decades and has helped many folks overcome anxiety, depression, and debilitating low self-esteem. Just twenty minutes twice a day of silent contemplation may significantly change your life for the better.