Amethyst stones are revered as powerful and protective and have long held meaning in various religious and spiritual traditions.
People who use amethysts for vibrational boosts swear the stone instills a sense of tranquility.
“Amethyst” comes from the Greek word “methy,” meaning drunkenness, and the loose translation of amethyst is “anti drunkenness.”
As such, it’s also known as the “sobriety stone.”
Below, we review the benefits of the semi-precious gem and offer 101 amethyst mantras to incorporate into your spiritual practice.
What Is Amethyst Best Used For?
Amethysts are an air element stone associated with the crown chakra. They’re believed to encourage awareness of your bodily and cosmic self.
Plus, amethysts help people form a stronger bond with the Universal Source.
When should you use amethysts when:
- You’re feeling socially isolated.
- Emotional challenges are causing you pain.
- You feel unsafe
- You’re ready to release the fear that’s been holding you back from being your best.
- You want to develop your crown chakra and general awareness.
- You want to clear out negative thoughts or tiresome ruminations that don’t serve you.
- You want to cultivate more compassion for yourself and others.
What Are The Benefits of Using Amethyst Affirmations?
A paper published on the National Library of Medicine’s website concludes that performing daily affirmations stimulates brain areas associated with success and rewards.
Moreover, spiritualists and seekers have long sworn the semi-precious gem helped individuals release negativity, heal the mind, and comfort the soul.
In other words, affirmations work both spiritually and scientifically. Better yet, using them only costs a few minutes a day.
The benefits of incorporating amethyst affirmations into your life and wellness routine include:
- Stress Relief: Affirmations, in general, are a foolproof way to destress. Scientific studies prove it.
- Anger Abatement: When we get out of our heads by focusing on affirmations, our blood pressure lowers, which decreases the amount of cortisol coursing through the body, lessening our “fight” instinct.
- Mood Stabilization: Repetitive positivity helps soothe the human brain, so affirmations are an excellent mood stabilizer.
- Dream Recollection: Since amethyst is an air element stone, it bridges the wavelength gap between the conscious and superconscious, which aids in dream retention.
- Heightened Spiritual Vibration: Amethysts have long been cherished as one of the gemstones that help people connect with the spiritual realm.
In some traditions, amethysts are said to guard against nightmares and relieve insomnia. That’s why people will put a large amethyst geode near their beds.
Amethyst Affirmation: 101 Calming Affirmations to Practice Daily
Incorporating amethyst affirmations into your daily practice makes sense when navigating a rough patch or you’re serious about connecting with your higher self and the collective consciousness beyond.
To that end, let’s look at 101 options for your stable of mantras.
1. Negative attachments have no hold over me.
2. I am alive, aware, and ready to meet my potential.
4. Self-limiting beliefs are an illusion I no longer heed.
5. I enjoy a strong bond with my higher self.
6. Success is within my grasp.
7. Other peoples’ opinions of me are none of my business.
8. I am a complete person as I am.
9. I am a physical and spiritual being.
10. I love and learn from my mistakes.
11. I made it through the past and will prosper in the future.
12. My higher self is guiding me on the right path.
13. I honor who I was, am, and will be.
14. I release my fears.
15. I try my best to be a good person.
16. Today, I come first, and that’s OK.
17. I am a magnet for positive energy.
18. Everything in my life happens as it should.
19. I vow to mother myself today by treating myself as if I were my own kid.
20. I love tending to my mental health.
22. I live my life slowly and deliberately.
23. I am ground, centered, and mindful.
24. I am grateful for my body and soul.
25. I adore every cell in my body and work to nourish them.
26. I forgive myself and others.
27. I let go of regret and embrace unconditional love.
28. My time is precious.
29. I love the Universal consciousness, of which I am a part.
30. I deserve to be happy, peaceful, and safe.
31. I live in the glorious present.
32. I am a strong person with genuine compassion.
33. I do unto others as I would want them to do unto me.
34. I control how I feel and think.
35. I have faith in the Universe.
36. I know the Universe will provide precisely what I need when needed.
37. I don’t need to prove myself to anyone but myself.
38. We are all connected, and compassion is the glue.
39. I choose to see the glass half full today.
41. I am everlasting and whole.
42. My past doesn’t define me, and I confidently walk through life.
43. Emotions are normal and needed to maintain good mental health.
44. I’ve got my own back. I work hard and see the results.
45. I focus on one day at a time.
46. Positivity flows in and through me.
47. I allow the Universe to work through me.
48. I believe in myself and the fundamental goodness of the world.
49. I do not need anger today.
50. I am kind, compassionate, and generous.
51. I understand the difference between genuine and performative.
52. I am loved and guarded always.
More Related Articles
53. I define what success means to me.
54. I love to work hard and use my talents.
55. I am worthy of everything good the Universe offers.
56. I let go of things that no longer serve me.
57. I accept my flaws unconditionally and will lovingly work with them to be a kinder human.
58. I can conquer challenges that come my way.
60. I know what to do to get where I want.
61. I love all living things and do my best to see the best in everyone.
62. I am proud of my power and use it to move all obstacles in my path.
63. I do not have the time to worry.
64. I appreciate all the blessings in my life.
65. My soul is at peace on conscious and superconscious levels.
66. I know I am being guided by spirits that love me.
67. I am good enough and know myself well.
68. I respect myself.
69. I am free and at peace.
70. Fear and judgment have no place in my life.
71. I find strength in acknowledging my faults.
72. Nobody is perfect, including me.
73. I am an infinite and eternal being.
74. I heal my soul with love and affection.
75. Everything I need is already within me.
76. I cherish every second of my human experience.
77. I accept responsibility for myself.
78. I surrender to and trust in a higher force.
80. I don’t compare myself to others because I’m on my journey.
81. Life is hard, but I can handle it.
82. I’m so blessed to have my higher self.
83. I take inspiration from the Universe’s beauty and size.
84. I do not let negativity drag me down.
85. I say what I mean and mean what I say.
86. I don’t gossip because I never know the whole story.
87. I am responsible for every word that leaves my mouth.
88. I am thrilled to be aligned with my life’s purpose.
89. I’m learning to support my best possible self.
90. A bad day doesn’t mean a bad life.
91. I love to forgive myself and people who have hurt me.
92. It feels good to be me.
93. I do not let my shadow self take the wheel and make my decisions.
95. I recognize the divine in every living thing, so I treat everyone 96. respectfully and gently.
96. I believe in my power to connect with the divine.
97. I intake confidence and compassion; I let go of fear and judgment.
98. Life is a beautiful thing, and I am a wonderful person.
99. The past has zero power over me and mine. It cannot stop me from reaching my goals.
100. I no longer apologize for being the person I am.
101. Every day is a new day, fresh with no mistakes.
How to Use These Affirmations for Amethyst
How do you use amethysts with affirmations?
Everyone has their method. Popular options include:
- Mindful Meditation: Holding a piece of amethyst while meditating works for many people. Others simply put the stone next to them while practicing.
- Trataka Meditation: Trataka is an open-eye meditation practice that many people find accessible and effective. Staring a piece of amethyst during the process could help forge a stronger bond between your conscious and superconscious.
- House Cleansing: Cleaning your home is terrific; energetically cleansing your home is even better. When you’re done, consider placing amethyst near high-traffic areas with frequent energy exchanges.
- Yoga: Some insist that doing yoga in a room accented with various crystals enhances the experience. Give it a try to see if it works for you.
- Wearables: Many spiritualists swear by amethyst jewelry. Not only does it look good, but it serves as a protection stone.
- Amethyst’s intentions usually revolve around safety, self-esteem, and spiritual growth. If you’re looking for more of those in your life, pick up an amethyst and see how it goes.
A Few Final Thoughts for Skeptics
We get it: you’re not necessarily convinced that crystals and affirmations actually work. And you know what? We don’t blame you. It’s good to be a skeptic.
But it’s also good to remember that we humans, though incredibly advanced, are still pretty ignorant about the composition, meaning, and technicalities of Mother Nature.
Beyond that, peer-reviewed, double-blind studies conclude that saying affirmations genuinely helps people. It’s a scientific fact.
So, even if you’re doubtful, why not try it? Who knows, you may discover you’ve had an inner crystal fan hiding inside for a long time. Besides, they’re pretty!
Good luck with your amethyst affirmations. We hope they add a little spiritual “oomph” to your world.