Every human has seven primary chakra centers.
In Sanskrit, “chakra” means “wheel,” and these seven points rotate energy through your body.
Each one is associated with certain bodily and spiritual functions, and the goal is to keep them balanced and aligned for optimal physical and mental health.
To that end, today, we’re lasering in on the crown chakra — or Sahasrara — which affects cognition, wisdom, and your higher consciousness.
What Is the Mantra for the Crown Chakra?
There are two schools of thought regarding mantrasfor the crown chakra.
Some practitioners associate it with the bija, or seed, mantra. As such, they chant “om” when targeting Sahasrara energy.
Others stay quiet when doing crown work, believing that silence and listening is the best balancing method.
Crown mantras help you connect with the universe and higher powers. When fully immersed in a blissful Sahasrara state, it’s impossible not to feel at one with your life — both earthly and cosmic.
What Blocks the Crown Chakra?
When your chakra points are gummed up or unbalanced, you’ll probably feel off balance and out of sync. So what causes a blocked crown chakra?
- Fear: Fear is a highly destructive force, and it’s particularly adept at clogging the crown chakra.
- Disputes: Unnecessary, contentious conflict causes discord, and discord is an enemy of your body’s Sahasrara center. Notice, however, that we modified conflict with “unnecessary” and “contentious.” That’s because not all disputes are bad. Friction can be an invaluable teacher.
- Loses: Significant loss can cause your crown chakra to malfunction. However, you should always allow yourself time to grieve. It’s a valid emotion that needs to cycle through your soul. But when you’re ready to move on, crown chakra meditations and affirmations can help you get back on track.
- Stress: Stress causes countless issues — including blocked chakras. If you’re drowning in the stuff, there’s a better than average chance you’ll experience Sahasrara blockages.
- Anxiety: Anxiety is another common and destructive force. Excessive worry puts you into a frantic state, which clogs energetic channels.
- Excessive Materialism: It’s perfectly fine to have goals and want things. But when desire metastasizes into a pathological obsession, to the point where you value things above people, it’s probably a sign that you need to recenter your crown chakra.
How Do I Unblock the Crown Chakra?
You can clear a crown chakra blockage in several ways. Try them all and discover what works best for you.
Crown Chakra Yoga
Certain asanas help open the crown chakra, and Sahasrara-focused yoga has two goals: 1) encourage blood flow to the head and 2) promote relaxation. Resultantly, the following poses are ideal:
- Salamba sirasana — a supported headstand
- Viparita Karani — legs up on the wall pose
- Ardha anuvittasana — standing prayer backbend
- Sasangasana — rabbit pose
- Padmasana — lotus pose
- Vrksasana — tree pose
Crown Chakra Meditations
Meditations that focus on your crown chakra can help clear and re-balance it. If you already have a meditation routine, incorporate some Sahasrara affirmations.
If you’re new to meditation, start slow — and don’t be discouraged if it doesn’t come easily. Effective meditation takes practice, but it’s well worth the effort.
Crown Chakra Affirmations
You may not always have time for a meditation session. That’s when affirmations come in handy.
In many regards, we are what we focus on. If, during the day, you find your mind drifting to worrisome, unproductive places, interrupt your thought pattern with a crown chakra affirmation.
Crown Chakra Sensory Work
Some people can visualize, and others cannot. One is not better than the other; it’s simply a matter of individual vibrations. People who don’t have strong visualization senses are usually gifted energetically or audibly.
For optically inclined individuals, visualizing a clear crown chakra works wonders. Do this by imagining purple and white lights penetrating the top of your head and pushing out any clogged channels.
Folks who are more energetically gifted should focus the force toward the top of their heads while thinking positive thoughts about clearing their Sahasrara system.
Audibly oriented people should strive to clear their minds of everything but a bourdon “om” chant.
What Are the Signs of the Crown Chakra Opening?
Opening the crown chakra feels amazing. Most people describe it as a rush of bliss. When your Sahasrara system works like a well-oiled machine, you’ll feel a strong connection to the world around you and enjoy several other perks.
- Spiritual Growth: An open, balanced crown chakra can carry you to the next plane of consciousness. Many people report having a more tangible and concrete understanding of the energetic universe after gaining complete control of their Sahasrara center.
- Self-Awareness: The crown chakra is associated with consciousness. As a result, working with it can lead to more self-awareness.
- A Humble Confidence: In the aftermath of a crown chakra clearing, many people feel a humble confidence wash over them. If being comfortable in your skin is a goal, crown chakra work can be a tremendous tool.
- A Sense of Safety: A clear, balanced crown chakra allows us to see the interconnectivity of human existence, which confers a sense of oneness and safety.
- Increased Sense of Health: When your Sahasrara node is aligned with the rest of your energy centers, you’ll likely sleep better, have more energy, and a natural urge to eat better.
43 Crown Chakra Affirmations
We’ve looked at Sahasrara’s mechanics; now, let’s dive into 43 affirmations for the crown chakra.
1. I am more than my body.
2. I am an infinite, spiritual being currently residing in a human body.
3. I acknowledge the divinity within me.
4. I honor the sacred parts of my soul.
5. I bask in a pure, worthy, positive light.
6. I am exactly as I should be.
7. I am a worthy, connected, loved part of the universe.
8. I let goodness guide my way and surrender to its divine wish.
9. I love and connect with my higher self.
10. My body is a wonderful vessel for my soul.
11. I am lucky to know inner peace.
12. Even when I’m beset with conflict, I move forward in light and love.
13. I am an important part of the universal energy.
14. Stress is an illusion and not part of my true soul.
15. I am open to spiritual guidance from my higher self and cosmic crew.
16. The best version of me is in control.
17. Life is love, and love is connection.
18. The sacred, divine energy gives me inspiration.
19. I am light! I am love! I am divinely connected!
20. The Universe supplies me with everything I need to nourish my soul.
21. My life is special and interconnected.
More Related Articles
22. I have unwavering faith in my divine path.
23. I have an unshakable faith in my sacred path.
24. I am perfectly aligned with my highest self.
25. The universe protects me.
26. Everything in my life unfolds as it should.
27. The Universe’s sacred energy flows through me.
28. Each day I become more connected to my spiritual self.
29. My soul has a purpose and truth.
30. I trust my intuition and humble myself when wrapped in the wisdom of the Universe.
31. Divine energy is coursing through me.
32. I know that the Universe gives me exactly what I need at precisely the right times.
33. I release fear and negativity. I welcome confidence and positivity.
34. I am soulfully whole.
35. My potential is infinite, and I’m touched by divine grace.
36. The Universe loves me unconditionally.
37. I am clear about my goals and let divine intervention show me the path.
38. I am connected to a limitless supply of positive energy, creativity, and love.
39. I bravely cede control to my higher self.
40. Pure purple light runs through me and balances my soul.
41. I am worthy of being loved and respected by the Universe.
42. I am open to new ideas and experiences.
43. I’m grateful for my higher self.
You probably won’t reach an optimal state the first time you try a crown chakra healing — and that’s perfectly normal. It takes some practice to become proficient in energetic healing, but it is well worth the effort.
Good luck, and we hope you found a crown chakra affirmation from our list that resonates with your soul.