We’re not psychics, but if you landed here, we bet you’re in the market for some soothing, spiritual, healing words.
And if we’re right, you’re in luck — because that’s what we’re discussing below.
Sometimes, life whips itself into a tizzy, and you find yourself caught in the middle.
The good news is that healing is possible.
Human brains have the power to overcome incredible feats.
So, to help with your spiritual and mindfulness practice, we’ve made a list of spiritual quotes.
What Is Spiritual Healing?
Spiritual healing is the process of connecting with life’s energy.
To some folks, that means communicating with a god or gods; for others, spiritual healing is about connecting with supportive, cosmic energies or entities — and still others take a more secular approach to spiritual work.
Essentially, a person’s belief system dictates the trajectory, shape, and details of a spiritual healing journey. As they say, “different strokes for different folks.”
That said, in the most general sense, most spiritual journeys feature:
- A Desire To Change: It may not be specific, but most people who embark on the spiritual or mindful path want to change themselves or their lives somehow.
- Rituals and Practices: Most folks try various rituals and practices, like cord-cutting ceremonies, journaling, mindfulness exercises, or meditation, when doing spiritual work.
- An Element of Faith: Whether you believe in higher powers or scientific research, trying mindfulness and spiritual exercises is an implicit declaration of either ethereal or practical faith. Ultimately, you’re confident that your actions may lead to the desired outcome.
What Are Some Examples of Spiritual Healing?
Spiritual healings typically fall into four categories: physical, emotional, mental, and holistic.
- Physical Healing: Restorative work on your physical body (e.g., broken bones, aches, pains, et cetera)
- Emotional Healing: Clearing away energetic detritus related to past experiences and traumas
- Mental Healing: Learning how to control your emotions and manage neurological differences, including anxiety, depression, perfectionism, and other conditions outlined in the DSM5
- Holistic Healing: Healing that helps the body, mind, and soul
75 Spiritual Healing Quotes To Use In Your Mindfulness And Spiritual Practices
We’ve curated this list of spiritual quotes for healing and hope you find it helpful.
1. “The question is: do you want suffering or do you want peace? It’s that simple.” ― Donna Goddard
2. “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” — Rumi
3. “Pay attention to your patterns. The ways you learned to survive may not be the ways you want to continue to live. Heal and shift.” — Dr. Thema Bryant Davis
4. “Time heals all wounds, but history never forgets.” — Dakarai Jelani-Miller
5. “Spiritual healing occurs as we begin to consciously reconnect with our essential being – the wise, loving, powerful, creative entity that we are at our core.” — Shakti Gawain
6. “All pain is the result of resistance to the natural self.” ― Bashar
7. “Authentic spiritual ideas have the power to heal. Healing is the building block of both individual and collective spiritual evolution.” ― Donna Goddard
8. “Healing the world begins with healing yourself.” ― Anthon St. Maarten
9. “Healing may not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn’t you – all of the expectations, all of the beliefs – and becoming who you are.” — Rachel Naomi Remen
11. “The souls of the sun, the moon, an ocean, a tree, and a mountain have the power to heal, rejuvenate, and transform life.” — Zhi Gang Sha
12. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” — Rumi
13. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” — Amit Ray
14. “Taking the time to meditate is as important as taking the time to breathe. One pumps oxygen into the body, the other pumps peace into the mind.” — Marianne Williamson
15. “The final and only act of healing is to accept that there is nothing wrong with you.” — Robert Holden
16. “Anything that is held in secret cannot be healed. The light cannot reach that which is locked away in the dark.” ― Donna Goddard
17. “The only path away from our suffering is to embrace the suffering.” — M. Scott Peck
18. “Forgiveness always runs deeper than the offense that requires its presence.” ― Timothy G. Cameron
19. “Healing is not the absence of the storm. Healing is the way we ride the wave.” — Jarem Sawatsky
21. “Spiritual healing defies tenacious grief.” — Julie Yarbrough
22. “I heal by sharing my pain. I heal by knowing it’s not real. As intense as it may seem, there is nothing real about it. It is intangible.” — Anne O’Neil
23. “Healing the soul can be like lancing one’s raw, burned emotions, and tenderly bandaging them for quiet healing.” — Joy S. Berger
24. “Within you there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” — Hermann Hesse
25. “New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.” — Lao Tzu
26. “I acknowledge that healing my pain is a choice.” — Stephen Arterburn
27. “Awakening is not changing who you are, but discarding who you are not.” — Deepak Chopra
28. “As soon as I allow the Universe to replace my fear-based beliefs with new perceptions, I receive a miracle.” — Gabby Bernstein
29. “The mind defines, decides, doubts and divides – only the heart truly binds.” — Rasheed Ogunlaru
30. “The use of love is to heal. When it flows without effort from the depth of the self, love creates health.” — Deepak Chopra
31. “The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and prejudices and the acceptance of love back in our hearts. Love is the essential reality and our purpose on earth. To be consciously aware of it, to experience love in ourselves and others, is the meaning of life.” — Marianne Williamson
33. “Our sorrows and wounds are healed only when we touch them with compassion.” — Buddha
34. “More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate.” – Roy T. Bennett
35. “Forgive the past. It is over. Learn from it and let go. People are constantly changing and growing. Do not cling to a limited, disconnected, negative image of a person in the past. See that person now. Your relationship is always alive and changing.” – Brian Weiss
36. “Healing comes from gathering wisdom from past actions and letting go of the pain that the education cost you.” — Caroline Myss
37. “Eventually, you will come to understand that love heals everything, and love is all there is.”— Gary Zukav
38. “We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” – Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
More Related Articles
How To Choose And Use Transcendental Meditation Mantras + A List Of 22 TM Mantras
39. “To walk the spiritual path is to continually step out into the unknown.” – Wallace Huey
40. “Accept–then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. This will miraculously transform your whole life.” – Eckhart Tolle
41. “The greatest healing would be to wake up from what we are not.” – Mooji
42. “Healing is, by definition, taking a process of disintegration of life and transforming into a process of return to life.” – Caroline Myss
43. “Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
44. “The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.” – W.B. Yeats
45. “Enlightenment is nothing more than the complete absence of resistance to what is. End of story.” – Adyashanti
46. “Healing doesn’t mean the damage never existed. It means the damage no longer controls your life.” – Akshay Dubey
47. “We can make changes in our lives, we can live consciously rather than mechanically, we can open our hearts, and we can be more fully alive.” – Sharon Salzberg
48. “The measure of your maturity is how spiritual you become during the midst of your frustrations.” – Samuel Ullman
49. “To heal is to touch with love that which we previously touched with fear.” – Stephen Levine
50. “Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it.” – Tori Amos
51. “Religion is belief in someone else’s experience. Spirituality is having your own experience.” — Deepak Chopra
52. “We need to give each other the space to grow, to be ourselves, to exercise our diversity. We need to give each other space so that we may both give and receive such beautiful things as ideas, openness, dignity, joy, healing, and inclusion.” – Max de Pree
53. “A life of reaction is a life of slavery, intellectually and spiritually. One must fight for a life of action, not reaction.” – Rita Mae Brown
54. “Our sorrows and wounds are healed only when we touch them with compassion.” – Buddha
55. “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.” – Eckhart Tolle
57. “The portal of healing and creativity always takes us into the realm of the spirit.” – Angeles Arrien
58. “The main requirement for spiritual growth: A yearning to know who you really are.” Adyashanti
59. “Forgiveness is no longer an option but a necessity for healing.” – Caroline Myss
60. “Healing does not mean going back to the way things were before, but rather allowing what is now to move us closer to God.” – Ram Dass
61. “The awakening of consciousness is the next evolutionary step for mankind.” – Eckhart Tolle
62. “Yes, the heart breaks. But, it also heals.” – Yasmin Mogahed
63. “One of the most healing things you can do is recognize where in your life you are your own poison.” – Steve Maraboli
64. “Everyone is on a spiritual path; most people just don’t know it. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and the acceptance of love.” – Marianne Williamson
66. “Much of spiritual life is self–acceptance, maybe all of it.” – Jack Kornfield
67. “Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is enlightenment.” – Lao Tzu
68. “To heal is to touch with love that which we previously touched with fear.” – Stephen Levine
69. “At any moment, you have a choice that either leads you closer to your spirit or further away from it.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
70. “Rather than being your thoughts and emotions, be the awareness behind them.” – Eckhart Tolle
71. “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.” – Dalai Lama
72. “Every step taken in mindfulness brings us one step closer to healing ourselves and the planet.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
73. “The further down my spiritual path I go, the less I am able to define. When I turn inward, I find no words. Only light, only love.” – Laura Jaworski
74. “Anything that makes you weak–physically, intellectually, and spiritually–reject it as poison.” – Swami Vivekananda
75. “Self-forgiveness is essential to self-healing.” – Ruth Carter Stapleton
How to Use These Quotes for Spiritual Healing
Do quotes help spiritual healing? In a word: Yes! How does it work? Try one (or more) of these methods:
- As an Affirmation: Affirmations work. They create fresh neural pathways that can override the old, bad ones.
- On Social Media: Sharing quotes on social media can benefit you and others.
- For Journaling: Copy one of the quotes in your journal, then spend time thinking and writing about what it means to you.
- As a Screensaver: Make a screensaver of your favorite spiritual healing quote as a reminder.
Language is powerful, and soul-healing quotes can help you navigate challenging times. We wish you the best of luck on your journey. It’s not always smooth sailing, but it’s always well worth the effort.