Political unrest and war.
The lingering impact of Covid.
All of these events have taken a toll on mental health and our sense of general well-being.
Agitation and anxiety seem to define our state of mind these days.
There is only one place to find sustainable inner peace and tranquility: by going within.
But going within through meditation and other mindfulness practices can be challenging when you’re so wired, tired, and overwhelmed.
Sometimes all it takes to jettison you out of mental turmoil and into the beautiful clarity of awareness are some well-articulated thoughts about the peace of presence.
To that end, we’ve curated a list of quotes about peace of mind to help you take a deep breath and return to that place of presence.
37 Peace of Mind Quotes to Find Contentment and Calm
The question you need to ask yourself now is, “How will I use these inspirational inner peace quotes?” Reading through them and returning to your news feed won’t do the trick.
Take a cleansing breath, and resolve to let the words sink into your psyche. Focus your attention on what inner peace means for you.
Follow this reading with a short mindfulness meditation, and use this time as a moment to regain equilibrium.
1. “The life of inner peace, being harmonious and without stress, is the easiest type of existence.” —Norman Vincent Peale
2. “If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.” —Lao Tzu
3. “Peace of mind for five minutes, that’s what I crave.” —Alanis Morissette
5. “Sometimes, you can find peace of mind by transferring yourself to different situations. They’re just reminders to stay … calm.” —Yves Behar
6. “Don’t search for anything except peace. Try to calm the mind. Everything else will come on its own.” —Baba Hari Das
7. “Nothing can bring you peace but yourself. Nothing can bring you peace but the triumph of principles.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. “You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us. And the world will live as one.” ― John Lennon
9. “Gratitude is one of the sweet shortcuts to finding peace of mind and happiness inside.” – Unknown
10. “When you do the right thing, you get the feeling of peace and serenity associated with it. Do it again and again.” ― Roy T. Bennett
11. “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” ― Siddhārtha Gautama
12. “If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.” — Lao Tzu
13. “I can have peace of mind only when I forgive rather than judge.”– Gerold Jampolsky
15. “Learning to distance yourself from all the negativity is one of the greatest lessons to achieve inner peace.” ― Roy T. Bennett
More Related Articles
16. “Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” ― Albert Schweitzer
17. “Anger is the ultimate destroyer of your own peace of mind.” – Dalai Lama
18. “Where is inner peace? It resides in this moment – what you experience right now. There is no other place to find it.” – Barrie Davenport
19. “To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness” — Robert Muller
20. “I do not want the peace which passeth understanding, I want the understanding which bringeth peace.” ― Helen Keller
21. “Peace is not the highest goal in life. It is the most fundamental requirement.” — Sadhguru
22. “Nothing can disturb your peace of mind unless you allow it to.” ― Roy T. Bennett
23. “The punishment of every disordered mind is its own disorder.” ― St. Augustine of Hippo
25. “Peace can only survive when fed peace.” ― Kierra C.T. Banks
26. “If you have no inner peace of mind, it is futile to seek peace outside.” ― Debasish Mridha
27. “Peace is a day-to-day problem, the product of a multitude of events and judgments. Peace is not an ‘is’; it is a “becoming.” – Haile Selassie
28. “The love of peace of mind is often wrongly identified as the hatred of people, some people, or some person.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
29. “Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures.” —John F. Kennedy
30. “Set peace of mind as your highest goal, and organize your life around it.” – Brian Tracy
31. “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.” – Wayne W. Dyer
32. “You will never find peace of mind until you listen to your heart.” – George Michael
34. “Offline is the new peace of mind.” – Unknown
35. “Peace of mind comes from not wanting to change others.” – Gerald Jampolsky
36. “Peace of mind is that mental condition in which you have accepted the worst.” – Ling Yutang
37. “Go in the direction where your peace is coming from.” C. Joybell C.
We sincerely hope these peace of mind quotes have given you just a few minutes of quietness and calm. Every peaceful minute adds up to a happier, healthier, more mindful you. And isn’t that what we all want?