Self-care is vitally important, but it can be tough to make time for it in our busy lives.
That’s why we’ve put together this list of 99 affirmations to help you practice mindful self-care at any time, anywhere.
These affirmations will help you focus on your own needs and take care of yourself in a healthy way.
Choose a handful to read each day, and allow the positive messages to sink into your mind and heart.
Read on to find the ones that resonate most with you and start your journey to better self-care today.
What Are Affirmations for Self-Care?
Self-care affirmations are positive statements that you can say to yourself to help improve your wellbeing. They help remind you of your worth and encourage you to take care of yourself in a healthy way.
You can use affirmations for all kinds of self-care, from mental to physical health and everything in between.
They’re an essential part of any mindfulness practice and fit in perfectly with other forms of mindfulness such as meditation, yoga, and breathing exercises.
Some benefits of using these mindful self-care affirmations include:
- More motivation and inspiration towards shaping your life
- Improved mental health and decreased stress
- Increased self-esteem and confidence
- A higher commitment to personal goals
- More empathy and love for others
These benefits may not happen overnight, but with regular practice, you will start to see and feel the positive effects that self-care words can have on your life.
You may notice that you feel brighter and happier day by day, or something meaningful and life-changing may occur.
It’s different for everyone, but the most important thing is to keep practicing these affirmations and keep your eyes open for the positive changes in your life.
Journalling alongside your affirmation practice can also be beneficial in helping you to keep track of your progress.
How to Use Positive Self-Care Words of Affirmation
Using encouraging affirmations for self-care is a ritualized process, but that doesn’t mean it’s necessarily complicated.
Here are some steps for creating a mindful self-care practice with your affirmation:
- Choose an affirmation: Choose one of the many self-care affirmations from this list, or create your own. It’s important that the affirmation speaks to you on a personal level and that it’s positive and realistic.
- Phrase your affirmation correctly: When you’re crafting your affirmative statement, be sure to use positive words and present tense verbs. For example, instead of saying “I won’t get anxious,” try “I am calm and relaxed.”
- Choose a time to practice: You can do your affirmation practice at any time that works for you, but many people find it helpful to do it first thing in the morning or before bed.
- Find a comfortable place: Make sure you’re in a comfortable position where you won’t be interrupted. This could be sitting or lying down.
- Add supportive props: If you want, you can add props such as candles, crystals, or essential oils to help support your affirmation. It’s also helpful to have a journal nearby.
- Take deep breaths before beginning: Once you’re comfortable, take a few deep breaths to help relax your body and clear your mind.
- Repeat your affirmation: Start by saying your affirmation out loud three times. Then, close your eyes and repeat it to yourself three more times.
- Focus on how the words make you feel: As you repeat the affirmation, pay attention to how the words make you feel. Try to really believe the words and let them sink in.
- Release any negative thoughts: If any negative thoughts or feelings come up, simply acknowledge them and then let them go. End with a few deep breaths: When you finish, take a few deep breaths and sit for a moment in silence
99 Self-Care Affirmations to Reinforce Your Worthiness
When choosing the right self-care affirmation statement, it’s essential to focus on statements that feel personal and meaningful.
The more you connect with the words, the more powerful they’ll be. Here are 99 self-care affirmations to get you started:
1. I am worthy of love and care.
2. I am strong enough to take care of myself.
3. I deserve to put my needs first.
5. I am allowed to make mistakes because I learn from them.
6. It is not selfish to prioritize my needs.
7. I don’t let negative thoughts control me.
8. I deserve all of the magic life has to send my way.
9. I am special and unique because I am authentically myself.
10. I choose truth every day.
11. I trust my intuition and follow my heart.
12. I don’t take it personally when someone doesn’t like me.
13. I surround myself with people who make me feel good.
14. I don’t compare myself to others because I am perfect just the way I am.
15. I know that my imperfections are what make me beautiful and special.
16. I love spending time alone and cherish my own company.
17. I am gentle with myself when I don’t live up to my own expectations.
18. I am worthy of respect and love, no matter what other people think or say.
19. I know that my happiness comes from within me.
20. I am grateful for everything I have in life, no matter how big or small.
21. I cherish my body and fill it with joy, love, and vitality.
22. Every day, I love myself 1% more.
23. I cherish my mind and fill it with positive thoughts.
24. I am grateful for my ability to grow and evolve as a person.
25. I am open to new experiences and willing to take risks.
26. I know that failure is part of the process of success.
27. I don’t let negative people or situations bring me down.
28. It is okay for me to say no.
29. I am kind and compassionate with myself because I am worthy of my love.
30. I know that my thoughts and feelings are just temporary states that will pass.
31. I don’t need anyone’s approval to be happy.
32. Growth is non-linear, and I am on my way.
33. My favorite thing about myself is _______.
34. I am not my flaws; I am so much more than that.
35. Every day is a new opportunity to start fresh and be the best version of myself.
36. I know that everything happens for a reason, even though I may not understand it now.
37. I accept myself exactly as I am.
38. I take care of myself because I deserve it.
39. I know that I am capable of greatness.
41. Every decision I make is an opportunity to practice self-love and care.
42. When I help others, I am also helping myself.
43. Even when I feel down, I know that there is something good waiting for me around the corner.
44. I am grateful for my challenges because they make me stronger.
45. My happiness makes this world a better place.
46. I love myself, flaws and all.
47. I know that it is okay to not be okay sometimes.
More Related Articles
48. I am human and deserve to treat myself with kindness and compassion.
49. I know that I am doing the best that I can with what I have in this moment.
50. Every day is a new opportunity for me to practice self-love and self-care.
51. I am naturally loving and kind, and I extend that love to myself.
52. I live each moment to the fullest because I deserve happiness.
53. I am allowed to fail sometimes without shame or self-blame.
54. I know that my worth is not determined by what other people think or say about me.
55. I forgive myself for my past and move forward with love.
56. Today, I choose joy and gratitude.
57. I have an abundant life filled with love, joy, and happiness.
58. I am grateful for my health, my family, my friends, and every moment of this beautiful life.
60. I am strong, determined, and resilient.
61. I love myself unconditionally and fully.
62. I am smart enough to solve any problem in my life.
63. I am patient with myself as I grow and change.
64. I effortlessly heal and move forward.
66. I deserve all of the love that I give to others.
67. I am surrounded by people who love and support me.
68. I have everything that I need to live a happy and fulfilled life.
69. I attract exactly what I need into my life, exactly when I need it.
70. I have healthy boundaries that keep me safe and protected.
72. I know that change is inevitable and necessary for growth.
73. I trust myself implicitly.
74. I am safe in the world, no matter what is happening around me.
75. I listen to my body and respect its needs.
76. I am the true guide towards my happiness.
77. I nurture my mind, body, and soul with loving care.
78. I am gentle and loving with myself, even when I mess up.
79. My purpose is clear, and I am passionate about my life.
80. I am excited to see what the future holds for me.
81. I know that everything is happening exactly as it should.
82. I live in the present moment and savor all of its beauty.
83. I am grateful for my ability to love and be loved.
84. I don’t let negativity or drama take up space in my life.
86. I am brave enough to overcome any obstacle in my life.
87. I rest whenever I need to and allow myself time to heal.
88. I am capable of more than I ever imagined possible.
89. I take the higher road, even when it’s hard.
90. I always choose love for myself and for others.
91. I know that everything is connected, and we are all one.
92. I am an infinite being of light and love.
93. I am always exactly where I am supposed to be.
94. I unconditionally give myself the love and care that I need.
95. My cup overflows with blessings.
97. I create my own reality through my thoughts, words, and actions.
98. The universe is conspiring to help me achieve my highest good.
99. I am open to receiving all of the blessings that life has to offer me.
We hope these affirmations have helped you feel more connected to your self-care practice. Remember, self-care is not selfish – it’s necessary!
When we take care of ourselves, we can better show up for the people and things that matter most in our lives.
Over time, this mindfulness practice will become second nature and help create lasting positive change in your life. So, be patient with yourself, trust the process, and know that you are worth the effort!