Exploring the outdoors barefoot has some incredible benefits, such as increasing vitamin D levels and reducing stress and anxiety.
Exploring nature while bare feet can help neutralize the electric charge running through your body.
This practice is referred to as earthing.
But since you cannot be outdoors all the time, you can bring the experience to your home or office by using a grounding or earthing mat.
|Hooga Grounding Mat|
|Grounding Bed Mat|
|Earthing Grounding Mat|
|Niulafr Grounding Mat Kit|
|Earthing Grounding Mat|
|Cova Grounding Mat|
|Panbmao Grounding Mat|
- What Is a Grounding Mat and How Do You Use It?
- What to Look for in a Ground Mat
- Best Grounding Mat: 7 Top Mats to Consider
- FAQs About Grounding Mats
What Is a Grounding Mat and How Do You Use It?
A grounding mat can imitate the effects of earthing, but now you can get the experience in your home without walking outside.
But do not fret, as every product has instructions to help you find the ground port where the mat is plugged in.
When your skin comes into contact with the mat, it will feel like you are touching the earth. Some of the ways that you can use grounding mats include:
- On your desk: Place the mat on your desk so that your forearms are resting on it while you type or write. It will help increase your energy and concentration and reduce stress.
- As a kitchen mat when cooking: Placing the mat under your feet as you cook can help reduce fatigue and stress.
- Meditation: The act of meditation already has numerous benefits. However, doing it on a grounding mat has even more benefits as you are likely to feel connected to nature through your mat.
- For yoga: Get a grounding mat for your workout routine instead of getting the normal fitness mat. It will help improve blood flow and reduce stress.
- While watching TV, reading, or sleeping: Grounding mats are not just for when you are doing something. Place the grounding mat under your feet even when simply relaxing for a better relaxation experience.
What to Look for in a Ground Mat
To get the most from a ground mat, you must ensure you get the right one. While there are many ground mats in the market today, choosing one can be confusing, especially for first-time users.
So what do you look for in a ground mat before purchasing? This guide can help.
- Size: Grounding mats come in different sizes. While some are small to be used on a desk, others are huge and can be used on a bed. Factor in how you want to use it, then choose the appropriate size.
- Quality power cord: Ensure you get a mat with a quality cord. It should also be long enough to reach where you want it to.
- Budget: Budget is another factor to consider as different mats come with different price tags. Choose one that you can comfortably afford.
- Materials used: Most grounding mats are made with comfortable, non-toxic, and eco-friendly materials. Since the mat will be in contact with the skin, you want to ensure it will feel comfortable under your skin, allowing you to focus on other things.
Best Grounding Mat: 7 Top Mats to Consider
Now that we have covered what a grounding mat is and how to use it let’s take a look at some of the best grounding products you should consider.
The Hooga Grounding Mat is made up of durable rubber and topped by conducive and comfortable vegan leather. It measures 24″ by 16”, and its code is 15 ft.
The setup is pretty easy as you only need to plug the cord into your ground socket. This will allow some negative electrical charge to flow from the ground and onto the mat, allowing you to enjoy the benefits.
You can use the Hooga mat to rest under your feet, whether at home or in the office. You can also use it on the desk for resting your arms. Using it consistently will help reduce anxiety, relieve headaches, improve skin and reduce pain and inflammation.
- Made of quality material to last a long time
- Can be used at home and in the office
- Affordable grounding product
- The cord is long, creating convenience
- Too small for meditation or yoga
If your goal is to live a vegan-friendly lifestyle, this is your product. The comfortable material is made of polyurethane leather which is phthalate and vinyl free. The leather is infused with carbon, which helps conduct the earth’s energy.
As a bed mat, you may think that leather will not be comfortable to sleep on. But this mat is perforated and hence breathable. It also comes with elastic straps that you can use to secure the mat in place. It is available in two sizes, which are 23″ by 71″ and 54″ by 71″ inches.
- Easy to clean by wiping with a damp cloth
- It comes with straps to hold it in place
- It is breathable, allowing for comfortable sleep
- Fits almost all bed sizes
- It may not be the right fit for larger beds.
This grounding mat has been made with non-toxic, eco-friendly materials to produce a quality mat that your skin will feel comfortable on.
The kit has everything you need in a mat. It comes with an outlet checker for you to make sure your wall outlet is grounded, an electric tester that checks whether the electrical outlets are properly wired, and a safety adapter.
The kit also comes with an earthing book to give you all the information you need about earthing
- Comes as a complete kit for convenience
- Can be used in different locations
- Made of quality materials for durability
- Easy to clean
- It can be quite long for smaller desks
The NIULAFR Grounding Mat is a versatile mat that you can use on the floor, bed, desk, or for your pet. This mat is great for ground therapy, reducing stress and tension, improving circulation, and increasing energy.
Besides being made with non-toxic and eco-friendly materials, the grounding pad has non-slip rubber soles on the back to allow for better grip. The top has a smooth surface, allowing excellent conductivity when the body comes into contact with the mat.
- Easy to connect
- Easy to clean
- Made of quality materials
- Too small for certain uses such as yoga
The Earthing Grounding Mat has been marketed as a grounding product to improve sleep and as a natural detox. It has been made with conductive carbon threads to allow for conductivity once the mat comes into contact with the body.
The mat measures 19″ by 10″ and comes with a 6ft cord long enough to reach most outlets.
The mat allows for multiple uses as you can place it on the floor, bed, sofa, or desk.
- Multiple uses
- Flexible, allowing you to carry it anywhere
- Handmade in the USA
- Material is not that strong
In a fast-paced world where you cannot get the time to walk barefoot in the park or beach, the Cova Mat brings grounding benefits to your home.
Like most grounding pads, this mat can reduce stress, improve blood circulation, enhance sleep quality and relieve muscle and tension headaches.
This foot/mouse pad has been designed with quality PU leather and a rubber base that keeps it in place when in use. It is soft and can be folded easily without wrinkling.
- Quality materials for durability
- Multiple uses
- Easy to clean
- The cord is long (15ft)
- It can be a bit small for certain uses such as mediation and yoga
Reduce stress and enjoy better sleep with the PANBMAO Grounding Mat made of harmless, non-toxic, and eco-friendly material that is friendly to the skin. The material is also perforated to allow for breathability, ensuring you can sleep comfortably.
The mat comes in two sizes. The smaller one measures 27″ by 71″, and the bigger one measures 54″ by 71″. This gives you the option to choose a size that works for you.
- Money-back guarantee
- Both partners can enjoy the benefits at the same time in bed
- Comes with straps for easy installation
- Easy to set up
- Can only be used on the bed
More Related Articles
FAQs About Grounding Mats
Take a look at some of the most common questions consumers ask about grounding mats.
Q: Do grounding mats actually work?
A: Studies show that grounding mats do provide positive benefits. The mats can help increase energy, reduce chronic pain and inflammation, reduce stress, and reduce snoring. Experts also claim that the electrical connection these mats create can positively impact human physiology.
Q: Which grounding mat is best?
A: When it comes to the best grounding mat, it is all about how you use it. However, we suggest going with something multifunctional that you can use at home and in the office. Also, ensure that the quality is strong to allow for durability.
Q: Which is better? A grounding mat or grounding sheet?
A: This also comes down to your preference. While some people prefer earthing mats, others find them uncomfortable when sleeping. A mat is often cheaper than a sheet because the latter has silver wiring inside. On the other hand, a sheet is not durable as it tends to wear out quickly.
Q: How long should you use a grounding mat?
A: Most products will come with a suggestion from the manufacturer. However, the ideal time is about 10 to 40 minutes. Start slowly and increase the period as you adjust. Some people who have already adjusted to the mat use it the entire night.
These are some of the best grounding mats you will find on the market. To enjoy the benefits of grounding mats, ensure you use the right product for your needs.